Nestled under a giant 1000-year-old jackelberry, towering wild-fig and marula trees, right on the banks of the Makhustwi River, this lodge is built in perfect harmony with nature. The river valley setting along with the ”High-tea” watering hole right at the lodge’s front, brings a mystique like no other.
Nestled under a giant 1000-year-old jackelberry, towering wild-fig and marula trees, right on the banks of the Makhustwi River, this Lodge is built in perfect harmony with nature. The river valley, along with the “High−Tea” watering hole at the lodge’s front, brings a mystique like no other.
The biggest Hotel/Lodging company in Africa, chose Phiva (now called Toro River Lodges) as the sight for their first lodge. All with due reason, the sites are some of, if not, the best in the lowveld of South Africa.
The Ex–American owner, largely responsible for the formation of the Reserve, looked far and wide and chose Jubalapa (now Toro Views Lodge) as his personal residence to build his private lodge.
From 2008, Brad and Cindy Philipps would rent Kristi’s Kamp — The Kroon’s Private Lodge, each African winter for a month. Over the years, a strong friendship was formed between both families, and the Philipps’ fell in love with the Reserve.
We joined forces in exposing the option of buying TORO. After many years of negotiation, in 2017 TORO was bought by the Philipps and Kroon’s families, and so the TORO Dream was released.
Welcome to best spot in the entire lowveld of South Africa.
Toro River Lodge is comprised of 5 spacious Single Villas (double bed, with an option of a sleeper couch for the kids),
· All Villas occupy a prime slightly elevated position, overlooking the perennial Makhutswi River,
· Lodge facilities include a lounge, dining and relaxation space, with an expansive wooden deck overlooking the Makhustwi River and Toro Hippo Pool, with a raised High-Tea area right alongside Hippo Pool,
All Villas have been recently upgraded or rebuilt and are designed for privacy and optimum appreciation of the surrounding wilderness. Each Single Villa has:
· Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom
· Each Suite has a sleeper–coach for kids under 12 years old, sharing with their parents
· Double volume wardrobe area
· Outdoor shower overlooking the river and indigenous vegetation
· Lounge area with fireplace
· Expansive viewing deck with a covered seating area
· Full range of dietary preferences catered for
· Free Wi-Fi
· Luxurious accommodation in a Villa with fireplace and lounge,
· Gourmet brunch and evening dinner daily,
· Pre-game drive coffee and light breakfast,
· Afternoon High Tea, Beverages (ALL soft drinks; teas/coffees, and local brand beers, spirits, cellar wines & champagnes),
· Two game drives per day with FGASA qualified Field Guide and expert tracker,
· Guided bush walks,
· Safari Sundowners, including beverages & snacks;
· Wildlife lectures,
· Includes our spectacular bush dinner under the African stars at Toro Views Lodge
We also include the option to choose self-catered packages, designed especially with our South African Guests in mind, yet still offering all the luxuries of our lodging, drives, walks, and facilities.
· Cigars & cigarettes,
· All international ⁄ domestic flights,
· All ground transfers,
· Telephone calls,
· Toro boutique purchases,
· Spa treatments & products,
· Toro River Lodges conservation fees,
· Special activities such as a night at one of our Toro Tree-house sleep outs,
· Additional scenic tours to surrounding sightings:
√ Blyde River Canyon,
√ Gods Window,
√ Lion and Leopard Sanctuary,
√ Hippo interaction,
and much more.