The Silo Experiences
The Silo Hotel sets a new standard for luxury Cape Town accommodation. A magical, five-star premium hotel towering above the V&A Waterfront surrounded by the natural wonder of South Africa’s Mother City.
The Silo Hotel has been built in the grain elevator portion of the historic grain silo complex occupying six floors above Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa (MOCAA) which houses Africa’s largest collection of contemporary African art. The exterior of the building was designed by Heatherwick Studio. From the outside, the greatest visible change to the building’s original structure is the addition of the ingenious glass windows inserted into the geometry of the hotel floors. These multi-faceted structures glisten like diamonds during the day while at night the building transforms into a glowing beacon in the Table Bay harbour.
The Silo Hotel is a celebration of art, style, architecture and design. A tribute to timeless glamour and contemporary luxury offering the highest levels of personalised service synonymous with The Royal Portfolio.
Cape Town is the ultimate destination for connoisseurs of fine wine, cuisine and la joie de vivre. From the bustling café culture of Kloof Street and Bree Street to the vibrant food markets, you’ll find all manner of treats in between.
We’re often asked by our discerning guests to recommend the best restaurants in and around Cape Town. Our team of expert concierges has compiled The Royal Portfolio’s list of Cape Town’s Top Bars & Restaurants as well as our list of the Top 10 Restaurants in the Cape Winelands.
- Viewing Access: 26,000 hectares
- Park: Greater Kruger National Park
- Private Reserve: Makalali
- Safari Lodge: Toro River
- Situated: On the Western border of Kruger. Located adjacent to the Kruger National Park gateway, means easy access and within reach of many exciting day trips. Our variety of lodging options with spoil visitors to everything a truly unforgettable African Safari should be…and so much more!
- Lodge Name: Toro River
- Style: Classic Exclusive-Use Lodge
- Open: Couples and Families
- Nearest Airport: Hoedspruit
- Map here